- Certificate of Achievement AwardA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting was awarded to the City of Brea. This Certificate is presented to those whose annual financial reports adhere to program standards & is the highest award in government financial reporting.
- Community Feedback Needed to Prepare for Hazardous EventsPreparation is underway for the City's first Local Hazard Mitigation Plan, a five-year strategic plan to be prepared for hazard events. As part of the planning process, the community's input is needed to ensure that concerns are heard and addressed.
- Orange County Housing Waitlist OpensThe Orange County Housing Authority (OCHA) will be accepting applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list beginning September 18.
- Daxon: Brea’s annual health fair is FridayTerri Daxon is a freelance writer and the owner of Daxon Marketing Communications. She gives her perspective on Brea issues twice a month.
- 3 robbers threaten Brea Rite Aid worker before leaving with trash bags full of vitamins, drugsThe robbery happened just before 8 p.m. Wednesday in the area of Imperial Highway and Brea Boulevard.
- Daxon: Catching up with Newsy SuzieTerri Daxon is a freelance writer and the owner of Daxon Marketing Communications. She gives her perspective on Brea issues twice a month.
View local crimes that area police departments reported to the LexisNexis Community Crime Map. You can filter by types of reported crime, dates and density of crime in particular areas.