- Brea was awarded $65.7 million for improvements to the Route 57 Lambert Road InterchangeThe California Transportation Commission announced that a total of $87.7 million in Trade Corridor Enhancement Program grants was awarded to Senate District 29 for two critical infrastructure improvement projects.
- New Street Improvements Offer Smoother Ride, Environmental BenefitsKraemer Blvd. and Lambert Road have been improved thanks in part to a $158,350 grant from the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery.
- The Tracks Community MeetingJoin us for a community meeting on Thursday, May 31 at 6 p.m. to discuss the potential western extension of The Tracks at Brea trail. City staff will also be available to answer questions about the trail and gather feedback.
- Crews extinguish Chino Hills house fireBrea firefighters helped fight the fire, which killed two birds.
- Brea Museum seeks help preserving old newspapersDid you know the Brea Museum has copies of the Brea Progress newspaper dating back to 1911? The museum also has a photo of the newspaper’s office on Pomona Avenue, now Brea Boulevard. The sign over the door says, “The Brea Progress – A Newspaper with a Personality.” When I started writing this column in […]
- Under-the-radar Nicole Stark delivers strong season for Brea Olinda softballJunior catcher hit nearly .400 and belted six home runs for the Wildcats, who missed the playoffs in Division 2.
View local crimes that area police departments reported to the LexisNexis Community Crime Map. You can filter by types of reported crime, dates and density of crime in particular areas.