- All Evacuations Lifted in the City of BreaUPDATED 5:00PM 10/28: All evacuations have been lifted and Carbon Canyon Rd has re-opened. This includes the mandatory evacuations in Olinda Village, Hollydale and the voluntary evacuations in Brea Hills, Olinda Ranch. Please use caution when re-entering.
- Virtual Veterans Day Ceremony Planned This YearDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City's annual Veterans Day Ceremony has been cancelled. In its place, we will still honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, and recognize all Veterans, by hosting a virtual ceremony this year.
- COVID-19 Community InformationBrea values the safety and wellness of the entire community and is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Please stay informed and follow the ever-changing developments by visiting cityofbrea.net/covid19 and following the City's social media accounts.
- GOP incumbent Phillip Chen and Democrat Andrew Rodriguez in ‘toss-up’ race for 55th Assembly DistrictIt’s no surprise that the race to represent the tri-county 55th Assembly district is down to two-term GOP incumbent Assemblyman Phillip Chen and Democrat Andrew Rodriguez, who as the 27-year-old former mayor of Walnut is one of the nation’s younger municipal leaders. They were the only candidates on the ballot for AD-55 during the March […]
- School districts are making sure they have enough substitute teachersSubstitute teachers might become more in demand than ever in this COVID-19 time.
- Round 3? Ling Ling Chang and Josh Newman face off again for 29th Senate DistrictWhile Newman has several advantages in the race, Chang hopes her record as an incumbent will lead to reelection.
View local crimes that area police departments reported to the LexisNexis Community Crime Map. You can filter by types of reported crime, dates and density of crime in particular areas.